[2 et 3 février 2023]
The Cancéropôle GSO is pleased to announce the 9th edition of its coaching workshop for young researchers. This 2-day scientific event will involve presentation and discussion of recent findings and future projects in the scope of Signaling, Microenvironment and Targeting in Cancer. The format of the meeting (focused scientific research themes, fewer than 30 participants, full board retreat in a nice environment) is designed to foster exchanges and communication between junior and senior scientists and strengthen research networks between the Great Southwest (GSO) labs.
The main objective of this workshop is to allow young scientists to improve their scientific and career projects in the short / mid term and enhance the quality of their publications (confidentiality respected). Selected candidates will receive feedback from the following renowned experts in the field:
- Jean-Paul BORG, Director, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de Marseille (CRCM) and Scientific Director, Institut Paoli-Calmettes
- Michel COGNE, Professor of Immunology, MOBIDIC UMR Inserm 1236, Rennes University and Member of the « Institut Universitaire de France »
- Seamus J. MARTIN, Professor of Medical Genetics at Trinity College Dublin and Editor-in-Chief at The FEBS Journal
- Jean-Marc BARRET, Head of Pharmacology at GamaMabs Pharma, Toulouse
• Around 10 post-docs and young scientists (CR and MdC), affiliated to a Greater Southwest lab, will be selected for the coaching of their projects and careers.
• Additional young researchers, affiliated to the teams of the selected candidates, may be invited to attend the workshop and benefit from such a unique experience.
Deadline to SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION: Novembre 7th 2022
Abstracts related to Cancéropôle GSO Axis 1 themes are welcome including: signaling pathways, innovative therapeutic targeting, tumor microenvironment, plasticity and heterogeneity, tumor escape and resistance, tumor metabolism.
• Respect of the scientific scope of the call.
• Scientific quality of the candidate’s project(s).
• Candidates’ resume.